Dole Logo
THIS WEBSITE IS ON PRELIMINARY TESTING.

Dole operates a fully integrated pineapple plantation and industrial facility in Polomolok, South Cotabato, Philippines.

Fruit is sourced from a Dole-operated base plantation as well as from third party growers. Besides the operations in Polomolok, Dole also has fruit processing operations in Surallah in South Cotabato and Calumpang in General Santos City.

The product offerings comprise a variety of processed pineapple products such as slices, chunks, tidbits, crushed, juice, frozen and concentrate. In addition, Dole runs a fresh pineapple operation where once fruit is harvested, it is shipped to many parts of the world.


HISTORY

On August 21, 1957, the Municipality of Polomolok was created by virtue of Presidential Executive Order No. 264 signed by President Carlos Garcia. Polomolok started functioning as a regular and independent 6th class municipality on September 10, 1957, with its local offices appointed by the President.

The early settlers of Polomolok travelled from hillside to hillside, earning money from the temporary use of the land. Later during the 1930s, farming took off as migrants from the northern Philippine islands started utilizing the fertility of the flatland soil. While the fields of Polomolok were green and the harvest bountiful, there was still low market value for farm products and hence, slow circulation of cash flow at the time.

When Dole established its plantation in Polomolok in 1963, the municipality began to enjoy the economic boost. During the time, Dole was eagerly looking for a new plantation and cannery site outside Hawaii because of the rapidly increasing costs of production in the island. With land lease costs rising so fast, agriculture gave way to housing. The conditions got so dire that of the nine pineapple companies in Hawaii in the l950s, only three remained 10 years later.

Dole’s temporary Philippine office was held at a 700-hectare coffee/cacao plantation and mill in Spring Camp. The beginning of Dole Philippines Polomolok wasn’t easy for the core team who undertook the groundwork. For one, Spring Camp, the temporary location for the make-shift cannery office, can only allocate its electricity to operate the coffee mill. The main office was modestly built with rough lumber and was frequently visited by farm animals roaming around the area.

Over the years, the Polomolok Cannery was transformed from the make-shift spring camp with the construction of advance infrastructure, facilities, and operations that are geared towards creating more quality products, while providing a healthy and conducive working environment for its employees.